Harford District Cub Scout Summer Day Camp 2021
June 28, 2021 - July 2, 2021
Who can go to Day Camp?
Who runs Day Camp?
You do! Day camp is a 100% volunteer staffed event. Every person is someone’s Mom, Dad, Grandparent, older Brother/Sister, etc. Every role is important to the success of our camp! A volunteer discount is available for any volunteer over the age of 18! This can add up to a significant savings, so round everyone up! (To receive the discount, adult volunteers must register at the same time as the scout. Volunteers who do not fulfill their commitment will not be allowed to volunteer in subsequent years.)
In order to ensure adequate adult to scout ratios, we have been asked to identify 4 volunteers for every 8 scouts attending camp. We need volunteers to serve as Den Leaders, Assistant Den Leaders, Station Leaders or Helpers, Tag-A-Long Leaders or Helpers, Medical Staff, Facilities, or others as needed. You don’t need prior experience to serve as a Den Leader, talk to some of our past volunteers to find out how rewarding and fun it is! You can learn more about the different volunteer positions at the Harford Day Camp website.
Adult and Youth volunteer Training dates TBD.
What if I have other children?
Will open in Feb 2021.
1. Go to www.harforddaycamp.org
2. Follow the prompts to register your scouts, adult and youth volunteers, and tag-a-longs.
3. Complete and print the BSA health and medical form and a Supplemental Medical Form, in the case of scouts, tags, and youth volunteers (a link will be provided from the registration page) for each person attending. Forms can be found here: http://www.harforddaycamp.org/required_forms.html
4. Provide your credit card, paypal or EFT information and be sure to press the “purchase” button to finish your registration.
5. Gather your completed medical forms, photo of each scout and tag-a-long (include name, pack number, height, weight, eye and hair color on back of each photo); medical certification (i.e. CPR if applicable for adults), youth protection training certificate for each adult volunteer, where applicable. Turn forms in to Lizz Cropps (District Day Camp Director but also a leader within our Pack).
6. Use the sign-up below to notify our leadership that your scout(s) are going to summer camp. Please also indicate if you/another adult or older youth are volunteering at camp. Note that this sign-up is for notification purposes only and does not actually register you for camp. You must follow the steps above and pay online for camp through the Harford District Website. It is helpful for our leadership to know who is attending camp for coordination of volunteers.
Please feel free to contact me with questions!
Day Camp Coordinator for Pack 802