Pinewood Derby Workshop at Grove
January 14, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm UTC+0
We will be hosting a pinewood derby workshop at Grove for any families who require assistance with their pinewood derby car design or if they need access to tools they may not have at home. This event will be held in the main hall from 9:30am-12:30pm.
What your scout needs to do for a successful derby car:
1. Pick a design and sketch it onto your block of wood
4. Paint, add stickers (optional)
5. Add weights to reach 5oz (pack scale available if needed)
6. File/Sand axles (optional)
7. Install axles/wheels (be careful to just do one time)
Scout store , Michaels, AC Moore have supplies. You can use anything for weight but getting your car to as close to 5oz (not over) is ideal for speed!