- This event has passed.
Pack Event – Indoor Rock Climbing at The Delaware Rock Gym
January 22, 2023
Please join us for an indoor rock climbing experience at The Delaware Rock Gym on Sunday, January 22nd! We will have two time slots available, 11am-1pm and 2-4pm. This is a Pack event and all scouts, siblings, and adult partners are welcome to attend! Our Pack is heavily subsidizing this event due to our very successful Fall popcorn fundraiser 🙂 Only those climbing need to pay the fee but siblings/adult partners are welcome to come free of charge to cheer the climbers on! Please use the sign-up sheet below to sign-up to attend this event! Sign up is first come, first serve. Registration closes once all spots are filled.
Fee for climbers: $10/person
We will deduct fees from your scout’s scout account or send a square invoice closer to event date. Note that any scout who had at least 1 popcorn sale during our fall fundraiser will be able to attend this event or our snow tubing event for FREE.
Please arrive to the Gym 15 minutes prior to your time slot start time so that our group is all ready to go and we get the full 2 hours of climb time.
All climbers must complete a DE Rock Gym release agreement and can be found online here: http://www.derockgym.com/release.php. Please complete online prior to the event date to save time upon arrival so that our groups are able to start on-time! We only have the 2 hour slot of time for each group so if we start late, our time will be cut short.
All climbers need to wear closed toe/closed heel shoes such as sneakers. Activity uniform (Pack t-shirt) encouraged but not required – dress comfortably! All climbing gear is provided by the Rock Gym and will not need to be rented. We have unlimited climbing during our time-slots and each climber will be belayed by a Rock Gym staff member (groups of climbers per belayer) so no prior training is required!
Note that there is no age limit or weight limit for climbers – all can participate! The Gym does recommend age of 5-6 for climbing, younger than that may not be ready…use your judgement.
You are allowed to bring a light snack (non-messy) and drink.
Guidelines for using this sign-up sheet:
- Sign-up for which time slot your climber(s) will be attending.
- Specify how many scouts, siblings, adult partners will be climbing.
- Put total number of climbers in the “Item QTY” field.
- We are limited to 25 climbers in each time slot so if you sign-up and then need to change your time slot, please ensure you notify Pack leadership so it can be updated properly. You cannot just show up to the other time slot and hope to climb.
- If you sign-up and then need to cancel due to a scheduling conflict, please ensure you delete your sign-up here as well. It’s important that we have our numbers correct. If you need help deleting your sign-up, please reach out to Pack leadership.